transcript of the main content: ‘A human being is a part of the whole, called by us “Universe”, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. The striving to free oneself from this delusion is the one issue of true religion. Not to nourish the delusion but to try to overcome it is the way to reach the attainable measure of peace of mind.’
—Letter of condolence written by Albert Einstein to a grieving father, who had lost his son to polio.
Part of the whole Even outside physics, Albert Einstein’s writing impresses me.
8 Notes/ Hide
- realityisabore likes this
- whatiswhatthewhat reblogged this from indieheroine
- whatiswhatthewhat likes this
- jackyan reblogged this from indieheroine and added:
- wayspo likes this
- talkingliketurnstiles likes this
- thinkingallowedd likes this
- indieheroine posted this