Pointed Ben is not a fan of needles. From the Cobra 11 episode ‘Babyalarm’, aired October 27, 2011.
Alarm für Cobra 11: die Dönerpolizei An in-joke from the 210th episode of Alarm für Cobra 11: die Autobahnpolizei, ‘Der letzte Tag’.
Drama So much drama, baby, drama, for Ben Jäger (‘En Vogue’, aired October 13, 2011).
So, this happened during the USA vs Germany game last Thursday, and this is what I have to say…
- you have 5 dual national German-Americans on your team. Remember that when you insult half their identity.
- using the hashtag ‘#backtobackworldwarchamps’ does not make you funny. It may make you feel better, but it also makes you look incredible stupid.
- Germans are aware of their past. They are constantly battling with the actions of their ancestors. Many have little to no “Nationalstolz” (national pride) because they have seen where blind trust and loyalty can lead, and therefore may be proud of individual moments or specific things like their Fußball team, but not necessarily of “Germany” as a whole. (For a concrete example: In America, I see US flags everywhere- on front porches, in front of many business buildings, and schools, and on the lapels of politicians– it’s an everyday thing. The only German flags I would see during my day in Germany are at the Parliament building and now as a few fans stumble home after watching a Fußball game.)
- Not all Germans living during WW2 were Nazis, just like not all US citizens supported the invasion of Iraq.
- Please stop making such stupid comments. Support your team, yes, and wave your flag and go ahead and hate on the German team itself, but believe me- Germans hate on themselves enough without you making tasteless comments about their past.
Thanks. Feel free to send me an ask if you want to talk about it– whether or not you agree, I’d love to hear your thoughts.
In other words: Don’t Mention The War!
Don’t mention the war When I see “American” names like Hertz, Heinz, Studebaker, Duesenberg, Anheuser-Busch, Chrysler, Kraft, Disney, Hilton and Rockefeller, I really have to wonder. The country’s big business names, today and yesterday, seem to be very German.
Ben’s plaintive little “who’s going to look after us?”
Farewell Anna And then the next week he hits on Kim Krüger!
(Can anyone tell me which eps the fourth and eighth gifs are from?)
ohdanielle: Assuming we are counting across, rather than down, the fourth is from episode 248, ‘Alleingang’, and the eighth is from episode 185, ‘Schattenmann’. (Let me know if you meant counting down and I will ﬁgure it out!)
While Semir and his wife are making out in the background, Ben is baby-watching and recognises a need for a distraction when he sees one. (His gun is still on his hip. Dork).
(Help, I have fallen into Alarm Für Cobra 11 and I can’t get out!)
Tom the babysitter This was a cute ending. Not quite ‘Tschuß, Papa!’ but close.